Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3: He's Coming To Town...Watch Out!


Have you ever considered what a strange practice taking your child to go see Santa is?

"Here sweetie sit in this strangers lap while I take your picture."

To top it off, his face is completely covered with hair so they can't even assess their situation properly.
Our friend had a party yesterday and the big man in red made an appearance. I don't think I need to go into detail about how it went for our little cherub. If you read this blog regularly you get the idea about what kind personality she has. It does not include, takes kindly to strangers.
She exposed Santa for who he really was , and despite the fact that she did know the man underneath the beard, she still hid her face from him and refused to make eye contact.



Ho-ho-ho friends.
Here's hoping you're on the good list!

8 comments:

Jill said...

I just showed everyone in my office the picture of Libs crawling down your shirt because it's the funniest thing I've seen since her tipping backward in the bumbo trying to get a drink.

Erin said...

I AM CRACKING UP! I mean, seriously, funniest thing EVER EVER EVER! I have to take Hope - I just want to see what the reaction will be. Seriously. I already have a feeling. I love Libs- she's the life of the party!

Erin said...

OH - and I LOVE the new outfit! ADORABLE!

Lisa A said...

I love her headband! She looked super cute while freaking out! So funny. The picture with her flipping out and you with the huge smile is hilarious. You both looked so pretty!

Sandra said...

Poor Libby - she is really upset and you are laughing!
I thought Libby did well with strangers - she was fine with all the "strangers" she met on her visit to England although none of them was dressed all in red and with a long white beard.
PS - hope the next trip to the post office is less fraught for you!

MommyB said...

Wish I could say I haven't been there, but last year Aves was the same way with Santa. This year we found out/realized that the mall Santa is available for kids to just talk to/visit. So we ended up visiting Santa three times before Avery got her picture taken. Once she gave him 2 high fives but would not sit with him and the second time she sat with him and told him what she wanted for Christmas, not to mention that we waved hello to him every time we went to the mall (thank Goodness it was the same Santa ((Avery notices)) So there is hope!!

Erin said...

Please please please frame the first picture. It is priceless. Talk about one for her wedding slideshow!!!

Amy White said...

Love the one where she is trying to hide in your shirt. Priceless!!! The Santa tradition lives on to the next generation!!!