Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Review

 Friday night I couldn't pull myself away from the TV.  I was waiting for someone to say something hopeful, something not horrible.  I kept asking myself questions that my mind refused to answer like what if that happened to ...or how could I even breath if that happened?  I couldn't answer them, I couldn't watch TV anymore.  I told the girls we were going out.  I bundled them up, blared Christmas carols on the radio, and went in search of the Richmond Tacky Light Tour.

We found them.  My little girls "oooed" and "awwwed" over the lights, they pointed out every detail of the displays.  If you ever are bored and have nothing better to do with your time, research the Richmond Tacky Light Tour, it is in short "amazing."



Even though, when we got home it was past bed time, we all toasted our evening with hot chocolate.  I held them both at bed time, read them an extra story, and snuggled with them in the dark until they were drifting off to sleep.



Last night I missed my daily post bc Kev and I went to his work Christmas party.  My parents came down to watch the littles for us, so that we  could stay at the hotel where the party was held.  We planned to get up this morning and have a nice breakfast together, then do some online Christmas shopping.  When I opened my eyes and realized that Kev was still sleeping, I was sure that my body clock woke me up at my normal 7:00...the clock told me different.  It was 10:00!  I guess that we needed some good rest.  It might have been one of the best nights of rest that I have ever had.
Tomorrow, I'll be back to normal posting.
I think.
Grace and Peace
xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house always looks so nicely decorated sweet Sister. :) Guess what?!?! I get to see you tomorrow or today...however, you want to look at it. Love you.

Sandra said...

That nights sleep will have set you up for another week of go-it-alone parenting. Have a safe trip to Baltimore and enjoy spending time with Amy and family.